Monday, January 19, 2015

1945 Home Notes

This weekend,  I modeled in my first boudoir shoot for a photographer friend. I can't wait to see the pictures, although I probably won't be sharing them here, unless they are relatively tame. :)  Later that night, we celebrated my husband's birthday by throwing a huge 40s themed cocktail  party.  We had 26 people show up, which made for a fabulous night. I'll share some of the pictures later this week.  I wanted to share one of my favorite sweaters, which my M-I-L knitted me from a 1945 pattern.  We snapped some shots in front of the State Mental Hospital's nurses' quarters, which were built in the 40s and abandoned in the 1990s.  They are supposedly VERY HAUNTED.
Outfit details: Scalloped sweater, knitted from original 1945 pattern
vintage lovebird brooch: Estate sale
Assorted Bakelite: Antique stores, Ebay, thrifted
Red pin up pencil skirt (modern): Ebay
back seamed heart stockings: Ebay
navy ankle boots: Poetic License


XOX, Hannah

4 comments:

  1. Those stockings are fabulous and the party was super fun! Thanks for hosting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute sweater! I don't think I'd be brave enough to tackle something as complex as that one yet... Colorwork is on my "want to try" list, but I'm not there yet! ❤

    xox,
    bonita of Lavender & Twill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some of the cutest stockings I've ever seen. Want!!! :)

    Happiest (slightly belated) birthday wishes to your husband!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...