Sunday, July 28, 2013

Lion's pride (outfit #56)

I've had one of those rare, perfect weekends.  My husband took the day off on Friday and we took some of the kids up to the Butterfly Pavilion in Westminster, CO.  We spent the early afternoon looking at bugs, petting starfish, and running through a huge rain forest habitat with zillions of butterflies fluttering about and sometimes landing in our hair.  We tempted fate at lunchtime, by avoiding a restaurant with kid's menus.  Instead, we stopped by one of our favorite Nepalese restaurants, Yak and Yeti, to hit the buffet.  Even our finickiest kids gobbled up their food, and a woman nearby remarked that my children "were awesome and so well behaved!"  I was pretty sure she had jinxed us, so we paid the bill and headed off to History Colorado to explore their kid's exhibit about a small Colorado settlement from 1929.  The kiddos milked animatronic cows, gathered wooden eggs to sell to the shopkeeper, and drove a model- T.  Afterwards we grabbed some icy drinks and headed down to Broadway to explore some great vintage shops.  It was really fun to see what Denver has to offer, but it made me really appreciate my little town with all its super affordable little antique and vintage shops.  I am way too cheap....err frugal... to get on board spending that kind of money on what I consider really average pieces.  On Saturday, I grabbed some Middle Eastern food with some friends and then had a really loud, boisterous, and spectacularly fun game night at my house.  Sunday was spent grabbing coffee, snapping these photos, driving to my mom's house for a little bit of nature, and then meeting up with a friend to go antiquing in Florence, CO. 
How was your weekend?
Outfit details: 1950's lion novelty print cropped top and 50s blue linen "sailor" style skirt, both from ebay
My sheer hair scarf was thrifted, and my lucite and rhinestone bangle was from a local antique store.




1950s novelty print top lion 50's sailor nautical skirt Just Peachy, Darling
Happy Sunday! XOX, Hannah





5 comments:

  1. E's face in the first pic is priceless! I'm so happy you had a wonderfully perfect weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I love a cute crop top and skirt outfit! I haven't been lucky enough to find a vintage one that fits me and I'm probably running out of time with summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great outfit! I've never been to the Butterfly Pavilion. We're going to have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a splendidly charming outfit! That skirt is incredible! It reminds me a little bit of 1930s beach pajama pants. So happy you had a perfect weekend - they really are, as you said, rare occurrences indeed.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just read the nice article in the Pueblo Chieftain. The picture of Haley holding her daughter in the dining room put a smile on my face because it reminded me of my life growing up in the 50's!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...