Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Atomic baby

Today is my daughter's 2nd birthday.  In addition to having a very cool mathematical birth date 
(6-5-11), it also happens to be one of the most amazing and inspiring days of my life!  Elowyn was the first one of my children to be born at home with the assistance of a midwife.   My mid-wife still describes the event as "one of the most oxytocin filled births" she's ever attended.  It really was a relaxing, almost blissful event.  My contractions weren't even really painful, which actually had me worrying that I wasn't really progressing.  My contractions caused no more then a wrinkled brow, and it wasn't until the last 10 minutes before she was born that I ever stopped being polite. No other experience has given me as much confidence in myself and my body. 
   It was so perfect to give birth, and then after we were both cleaned up, to be in my own bed.  The first couple of nights were actually restful and peaceful as we got to bond with our new baby girl.  We love being the parents of little boys, but finally getting a daughter really was one of the best gifts I've ever received.  I'm so thankful for this little family we've made, and I can't wait to see who this wonderful little person becomes.  We love you, Winnie!
  Outfit details: a 1950s, copper, atomic print dress from Scotland
want to see the one year old dress photos? click here
1950s baby little girl atomic dress Just Peachy, Darling


Happy Wednesday!





2 comments:

  1. What an absolutely beautiful description of your birthing process with darling Elowyn. She is such a cute little angel - and looks soooo much like her gorgeous mom.

    Happiest 2nd birthday, sweet girl!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just telling John about Ellowyn's birth day. Well my perspective, anyway. I took Tavian on a hike at the Mountain Park and I told him "you're baby sister could be born right now". As soon as we were done hiking, we got a call saying the wee one had arrived. It was a beautiful day all around!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...