Monday, February 20, 2012

Starburst cookies

On Thursday, I attended the Modernism Historic Study presentation.  We are extremely lucky to have had a historic context study of our city from 1940-82.  The presentation was a little light on photographs for my taste, but really interesting.  I could literally spend hours looking at photographs of important mid-century homes, businesses, churches, signs, etc.  We have some pretty amazing examples here, so maybe when things start to "green up" I'll drive around and catologue some of my favorites.  My husband was one of the presenters and asked me if I'd mind making some cookies to serve as refreshments.  Sure, darling, how many were you thinking? Not many...there should only be around 100 people.  Excuse me, what?
Luckily, I have some fabulous friends, my very own little Betty Crockettes who helped me cut out, bake, and decorate, all while wrangling some adorable pint-sized cookie monsters.
1950s retro starburst sugar cookies  baking housewife Just Peachy, Darling
I bought my starburst cookie cutter on ebay, just for the occasion.

We made frosting in pink and turquoise, it seemed really appropriate!

We made about 120 cookies when all was said and done.  It was the first time I got to legitimately wear my apron.  Good times! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...